Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SWEET MEMORIES SET IN STONE

I am continually blessed with wonderful doggies and pet parents coming into my life via The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood. One of those incredible pet parents is Jodi Jarvis-Therrian, a passionate artist and animal lover who contacted me through Facebook as she was reading Buttons' and my story.

When she finished the book, Jodi shared her deeply moving experience of the read in a beautiful email and then invited me to view her website where I could see examples of her custom-created, hand-made memory stones. Jodi's care and flare with color, shape, and effect was lovely and I was thrilled when she requested I send her a bit of Buttons' fur and some of her ashes so she could fuse them into a gift pendant for me.

W
hile my precious package made its way to Jodi's door, she plied me with questions: what size pendant did I favor, what shape, what colors did I love, and most importantly, what did I feel would best represent Buttons where those things were concerned? The process left me feeling very special and cared for- she obviously wanted to "get it just right" for me and Buttons.

My photography doesn't do it justice- but here's a photo (double click on photo for close-up) of my wonderful Memory Stone by Jodi. I love that some of the black in it is Buttons' fur. I love that some of the white is her ashes. I love that it was made with such respect, love and care.
I have no doubt that Jodi brings herself in this way to every piece she creates with every person. She also makes sun catchers, pocket stones and key chains- each piece unique and fashioned with your loved one's hair, fur, and/or ashes. I'm sure your experience with her will be as heart-warming as mine was.
*I have no business affiliation with Jodi Jarvis-Therrian or MemoryStonesByJody wahtsoever*



3 comments:

Barbara Techel said...

WOW! This is sooo beautiful and sooo special. Love it!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at petparenthood.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this post above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Harry

Nadine M. Rosin said...

Harry- please email me, the author, directly before you do that. Thanks.