Sunday, December 21, 2008

Say Hello to ORGANIDOG






"In 2003, I had the wonderful experience of becoming a doggie mom to my Siberian Husky mix, Anakin. As a first time puppy parent, I wanted to make sure that not only would he have a loving and nurturing home, but a healthy, plentiful source of nutrition. With all of the kibble and treat options filling the grocery store shelves, I was confused and overwhelmed with what would be the most beneficial choice for my little guy's diet. I took my query to the internet and what I saw was disturbing.

The bags of commercially produced of kibble I inquired about promised "whole chunks of chicken and fresh garden vegetables." Digging deeper into the translations of "chicken meal" and "lamb by-products", I found synthetic vitamins, beaks, hooves, chemical preservatives and other not-so-appetizing ingredients littering my pup's choices for dinner.


With no readily available alternatives to this problem, I began my quest to provide my dog with a healthy alternative to processed dog food and dog treats. I researched the ins and outs of canine nutrition and found what ingredients were beneficial to the growth and overall wellness of my pup such as omega three fatty acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex, and Vitamins D, E, and K, which are crucial for growth, appetite, gastrointestinal regulation, and skin and coat health. I also kept close eye on what ingredients I needed to steer clear from, such as theobromine, grapes, raisins, and onions.

As a wholehearted supporter of organic farming, I wanted to incorporate a mission for chemical free diet as well. In experimentation with ingredients, I conjured my own recipes, and before long, I had created a healthy and tasty diet that not only my own dog enjoyed, but the dogs of my neighbors and friends. I began to sell my dog treats in small volume, but after several years, I decided that it was time for me to share my wholesome healthy goodness with a larger market." ©Organidog

For more information on how you can order Organidog treats and their fun and beautiful custom dog collars, please visit their website (just tell 'em Buttons sent ya:).


No comments: