Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO RAWHIDE CHEWS

As I have already shared in an earlier post, the dangers of rawhide include it not being regulated in any way. Some imported brands (China, Philippines) have been reported as soaked in formaldehyde or contaminated with arsenic. These foreign hides may also contain other detrimental things such as antibiotics, insecticides, or lead- things you'd never want your dog to ingest.


Recently on twitter, I read that my beautiful Golden Retriever pal, Mackenzie, tried and fell in love with a safer alternative made from - drum roll... shed deer antlers! Here is the reliable brand that Mackenzie and her dad get from the good folks at Best Bully Sticks. Yum. Yum. Woof!


2 comments:

Dimagirl said...

interesting information. I had no idea these things were bad. I live in Bilbao Spain and they are sold everywhere but for some reason I decided to see if they were safe and I am surprised to see in reality they pose too much risk to the animal. I will definitely check into ordering some Bully Sticks and bring them back with me after a visit to the states.

Nadine M. Rosin said...

Dimagirl- congrats on being a more aware, better informed consumer!!